JOB SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for Export documentation, to include shipments for Sakata Seed America, Sakata Seed Corporation, and all other customers. Additional work includes the analysis, processing, and scheduling of inventory to meet designated timelines and shipping goals. Maintains and verifies “control points” of inventory activity by processing work orders and monitoring transactions in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Ensures efficient and accurate inventory processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Creating international documents for all export shipments. These documents will include but not be limited to, Phytosanitary Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Field Inspections, Canadian Certificates, Pro Forma Invoices, Export Invoices, NAFTA documentation for exports etc.
- Responsible for issuing and scheduling ERP work orders for beginning to end planning for the blending, conditioning/milling, treating, and packaging of seed in a timely fashion and in accordance with policy and procedure. Monitors all work orders through completion.
- Analysis and beginning to end planning on inventory situation of assigned crops, considering new crop delivery and inventory on hand against demand to generate short term and long-term plans, identifying shortages and priorities.
- Works with multiple departments to understand quality standards and is responsible for applying correct quality information to newly created lots.
- Coordinate with Production Department necessary field Inspection requirements for SAI export.
- Work with SAI Sales/Customer Service Reps, Breeders, SSC Sales Coordinator and other SAI personnel, APHIS and USDA employees/Inspectors to expedite all export shipments for customers.
- Stay current on new international trade regulations and County requirements.
- Apply for and keep current necessary APHIS/USDA Import Permits (as required), Insurance Bonds (yearly), Certifications (yearly), Powers of Attorneys for Freight Forwarders (as required), Importer Security Filing (ISF) (per import ocean shipment), NAFTA agreements (yearly) and PCIT expenses (monthly)
- Stay knowledgeable on the USDA’s website Phytosanitary Certificate Issuance and Tracking (PCIT) in order to create, request authorized and signed Export and Re-Export Phytosanitary Certificates for International and some State shipments.
- Assist in supply planning and procurement of finished goods which includes creation of purchases orders, submitting POs to the vendors and keeping PO quantity and delivery dates up to date.
- Monitors inventory level concurrently with actual demand to ensure inventory availability using MRP tools.
- Work with various process and warehouse teams to maintain efficient workflow and accurate inventory.
- Other duties or responsibilities as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent record-keeping, data collection and reporting ability; attention to detail is essential.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Word and Excel) skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must have the ability and discipline to interact professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes-stressful conditions.
- Must be self-motivated and have strong analytical and reasoning ability.
- Familiarity with basic operating procedures and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must be familiar with Material Resource Planning Systems or Enterprise Planning Systems or willing to learn same. Must be familiar with logistics/workflow or willing to learn same.
- BA or BS degree required preferably in business administration or related subject. MA or MS a plus.
- A minimum two years administrative experience in quality assurance, production, inventory or related environment required.
- Experience in seed industry (production/inventory) highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to type and /or work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to handle abnormal environmental conditions (inventory in cold room)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com