Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Assists IP and Licensing Manager in coordinating quality assurance complaint investigation, obtaining information for IPR, patent monitoring and royalty administration. Assists with initiating QA complaint testing and research. Assists in collecting plant data for PVP and patent applications. Monitors competitive patent information and reports to product management and R&D. Assists with updating license agreements. Provides administrative support for QA department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Assists in coordinating quality assurance complaint investigation and logging complaints.
- Assists IP & Licensing Manager with collecting plant data for PVP and plant patent applications.
- Updates IP databases and generates reports upon request.
- Monitors and maintains competitive patent information from patent watch system and assists with setting up alerts for patents being carefully monitored.
- Assists in providing competitive IP information for key crops in the territory.
- Processes sales reports from vegetative ornamentals licensees for invoicing.
- Updates license agreements, policies and procedures.
- Provides general administrative support for the QA department by submitting invoices to Finance for payment, making travel arrangements, and reserving meeting space or company resources upon request.
- Must have the ability to organize and plan work effectively.
- Strong sense of initiative, accountability and ability to handle multiple projects.
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Proficiency in Access or FileMaker Pro desirable.
- Agriculture and plant science knowledge or experience desirable.
- Associates degree or equivalent required. BA or BS degree desirable.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Some experience in plant agriculture or related area desirable.
- Agriculture or Seed industry knowledge is highly desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work occasionally in a greenhouse or outside in the field and under different weather conditions including extreme temperatures, wind, and/or dusty conditions.
- Must be able to travel occasionally.
- Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
Send your Resume to email@example.com