JOB SUMMARY: Develops positive working relationships with grower customers to drive sales and profitability; trains and educates both internal and external customers in flower seed and vegetative products; assists in problem-solving and offers growing solutions and troubleshooting advice to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Coordinates, schedules, and visits grower-customers to assist and recommend best practices and procedures in growing greenhouse crops.
- Communicates back to Director of Ornamentals Group, Key Account Managers, Customer Service Team, Technical Support Managers, Product Managers and Breeders the observations, summaries and recommendations from customers what is being grown and utilized in the wholesale and consumer marketplace.
- Develops, sustains, and publishes a sufficient cultural knowledge base to better position flower seed and vegetative crops with customers.
- Able to attend and actively participate in industry events, that will include leading tours, giving cultural presentations, and writing articles for internal and external platforms.
- Manages expense account with prudent judgment and within established budget.
- Acts within the scope of authority and consistent with SAH objectives and policies.
- Must have excellent product and practice knowledge in the greenhouse growing of annual seed, vegetative and cut flower crops.
- Must possess the ability to build lasting relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the overall ability to use tact and discretion to achieve goals through others.
- Must possess strong work ethics and a high level of integrity.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams and Outlook.
- Creative, strategic, and conceptual thinker able to translate concepts into practice.
- Able to effectively work and interact within a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Minimum 5-years greenhouse growing and/or Technical Management experience.
- Sales, marketing, and growing experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of B.S. degree in agriculture or horticulture or its equivalent in training and experience required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and/or irregular days/hours.
- Must be able to travel extensively, for long periods of time throughout the year.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Location within 1 hour of major USA airport.
- USA Passport is required or the ability to obtain one.
- Willing to relocate if necessary.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.