Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Provides comprehensive administrative support for day-to-day operations of the PNW Production Department. Liaises closely with other departments throughout the organization providing a customer focused and effective Production support service to achieve departmental and organization goals and objectives. Responsible for general office services and receptionist duties for entire PNW branch facility. Responsible for preparing reports and various other forms of correspondence for Production Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- General Office – Answers and screens all phone calls. Monitors and screens all visitor access and maintains security awareness.
- Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Assists WW Area Production Manager as needed.
- Commercial Production – prepares contracts for growers and sends to Morgan Hill for approval. Prepares Phytosanitary Inspection forms for field inspection of crops and sends phytos to State of Washington so field inspection numbers can be assigned. Collects copies of Oregon phytos. Creates and maintains grower lot files.
- Assists in keeping Weekly Crop Status Report for PNW and NZ regions updated and sends updated changes to Morgan Hill Production. Maintains communication between Production Department in Morgan Hill and PNW region production pertaining to crops.
- Maintains Production files, and assists, prepares, and distributes reports as requested i.e. Monthly GSPR report.
- Assists in keeping information on commercial crops updated in DAX (computer system).
- Coordinates production activities (i.e. meetings, get togethers) in Burlington office, order supplies, food, coordinate travel and/or hotel reservations, etc.
- Research, Stock Seed and Experimental Production – Prepares contracts and phytos for farm crops. Assists in keeping Weekly Crop Status Report updated and changes sent to Morgan Hill. Orders field supplies as needed.
- Coordinates and maintains notes for staff meetings.
- Receives, sorts, and distributes the daily mail and deliveries in a timely manner.
- Maintains Production Department’s visitor schedule.
- Communicates with IT department to help solve computer problems that pertain to
- Create daily Cycle & Cyclic Counts for SS Warehouse Technician in WW. Investigate any discrepancies and report results to seed stock manager.
- Completes semi-annual PNW SS inventory report for SSC.
- Assist with SSC discard list.
- Assign I-forms to LAV and NZ weekly.
- Distribute invoices for production to appropriate staff members.
- Collect individual CNN’s and distribute to management.
- BUWP SS quality data to ensure proper quality has been submitted and release to inventory if meets quality standards. Non-qualifying lots reported to SS Manager.
- Responsible for seed stock shipments for non-SAH production.
- Initiate grower payment advances.
- Create PO’s & SO’s for production.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS/ ABILITIES:
- Must have thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation and knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Must have knowledge of methods and techniques used in record keeping systems.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Must be able to interface effectively with management, fellow employees and the general public.
- Must have excellent typing skills, mathematical aptitude and writing ability.
- Must have professional and pleasant telephone skills.
- Must have professional appearance.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have ability to maintain consistent promptness in arriving to work at scheduled times.
- Must maintain confidentiality regarding messages, telephone calls, and other company correspondence.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum four years office services experience required, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Business or Secretarial school graduate and/or college level business courses desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to type or work at computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Send a Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org