Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Provide technical and non-technical assistance to Pathology Manager Breeder Support by performing and coordinating a variety of tasks for seed health and breeder support activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining stock solutions, agar plates and clean sterile supplies for routine testing (i.e. media, buffer solutions, sterile water, saline solution, autoclaved glassware).
- Prepare planting mix, sow seeds, grow and care for plants (including watering, fertilization and pest control).
- Assist with maintenance, housekeeping, and cleanup of pathology equipment, greenhouse, laboratory, and headhouse.
- Assist with other pathology activities as assigned.
- Assist with note taking and basic data entry for various pathology projects as assigned.
- Ability to do accurate and detailed work under time constraints and deadlines, and able to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Good basic math and language skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Ability to do routine and repetitious work for several hours in the laboratory, greenhouse, or field.
- Ability to quickly adapt and be receptive to changing work demands, techniques, and/or approaches.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to develop good laboratory skills in microbiology and chemistry.
- Accuracy, efficiency, good dexterity and visual acuity are critical.
- Competency in data management and use of computer applications.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks and duties.
- Able to train and lead personnel in specified technical applications.
High school diploma (or equivalent) to a bachelor’s degree. Some college coursework or Associate degree in biological sciences or related field desirable, or equivalent work experience.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- No direct work experience required, but education or experience in agriculture/horticulture or laboratory work desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be willing to work overtime hours, including some weekends and holidays, as requested.
- Must be able to work with chemicals, pesticides and other possibly irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment when necessary and/or required (e.g., lab coat, gloves, respirator).
- Must be able to stand or sit for several hours at a time (up to 70% of time).
- Must be able to do some lifting of lightweight items (50 lbs.).
Send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org