Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Provide support to SAH plant breeders by developing and applying disease resistance screening tests in the lab, greenhouse and field.
- Provide direction and leadership in breeder support pathology activities in the assigned crops for SAH and its subsidiaries / cooperatives.
- Assist Product Development and Sales in cultivar evaluation for disease reaction, information development and exchange.
- Provide disease diagnosis and recommend control strategies.
- Provide general pathology support for the company and manage the Florida plant pathology budget and facilities.
- Provide leadership and review work for one plant pathologist, including providing evaluation, hiring and firing input to senior management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Plant Pathology
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- 3 years experience in applied plant pathology in industry or academic setting
- 3 years’ experience to include demonstrated proficiency in the following:
- Applied plant pathology, emphasizing disease resistance evaluation for cultivar improvement, and disease detection and diagnosis
- Laboratory skills in applied plant pathology
- Pathogen detection and identification, and disease diagnosis techniques
- Only incidental domestic travel is required for this position; less than 10 days per year.
Send a Resume to email@example.com