Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Participates in and oversees all activities related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, which may include but is not limited to seed receiving, ECW processes, washing, drying, cleaning, sizing, sampling and shipment of inventory. Responsible for the oversight and training of both full time, part time and temporary staffing personnel to ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed. This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinates and communicates work order/sales order requirements with the Material Planners, Customer Service Team and warehouse personnel. Works with other company personnel to maintain efficient workflow.
- Maintains accurate inventory by conducting process controls; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Responsible for the computer data entry transactions to support all activities within scope of position.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by supporting in the selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling of employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures. Responsible for yearly goal setting and performance appraisals of all assigned direct reports.
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs and working with the Maintenance personnel to ensure completion.
- Performs and/or is responsible for overseeing the completion of the required daily, weekly, monthly and annual procedures within the warehouse and the accurate filing of the required reporting involved.
- Act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- Input and involvement with the planning and preparation of the departmental CAPEX.
- Maintains workplace area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Performs special projects and other responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- This position must be flexible where changing business needs are concerned and must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective leader.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Operations Manager as needed.
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures as follows but not limited to:
- Be aware of and personally follow all SAI policies and procedures.
- Raise issues with Operations Manager when policies or procedures are not clear or not working.
- Keep Operations Manager informed of critical tasks not done.
- Keep Operations Manager informed of issues developing.
- Employee will participate in mandatory training regarding the GSPP handling protocols and procedures and apply all during the handling of any GSPP seeds. Employee agrees to active participation in the GSPP Program by performing the following activities related to the GSPP seed:
- Seed Storage and Inventory Movement.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work with very little oversight from Management.
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with others in a harmonious and productive fashion.
- Must have ability and discipline to interface professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes stressful situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have ability to safely operate forklifts and other warehouse machinery.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience.
- Minimum five years warehouse leadership or related work experience.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift 55 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold conditions.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year and work weekend duty as required.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to other Sakata facilities.
Send a Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org