Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Responsible for timely seed sampling, DAX submissions, performing seed count and seed moisture analysis and accurate data entry into DAX. This position will ensure earliest possible new crop release and packaging of salable inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Review work orders and receiver reports to determine required samples and submission
- Perform Axapta submissions, updating work order operations, printing of bin tags and sample envelopes, seed sampling and sample preparation.
- Perform labeling of germination update samples after submission.
- Perform seed count and seed moisture analysis.
- Data entry of seed count and moisture test results into Axapta.
- Organization, record keeping and shipment of samples to third party testing laboratories.
- Close communication with the Operations Manager, QC Manager and all Operations staff for problem solving of identified issues.
- Work closely with Operations teams in Milling, Inventory and QA to establish priorities and to ensure a timely smooth transfer of information to all departments.
- Assist in documenting sampling matrix and procedures for this position.
- Maintenance of database material and sample plan tables as required.
- Some overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Employee will participate in mandatory training regarding the GSPP handling protocols and procedures and apply all during the handling of any GSPP seeds. Employee agrees to active participation in the GSPP Program by performing the following activities related to the GSPP seed: Seed Sampling
- Must have manual dexterity and good number aptitude, with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to learn accurate seed count and moisture testing methods.
- Must be able to learn Sakata computer system procedures.
- Must have general knowledge of Excel and ability to create spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Must be highly self-motivated and have strong reasoning/problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
- Must be able to learn safe fork-lift operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- High school or college science courses desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift bags of seed up to 70 pounds.
Send your Resume to email@example.com