Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Support Human Resources by doing special projects and assisting with general HR administration regarding training and development, employee documentation, employee services, employee orientation, performance management, training, safety, recruitment, and other HR issues. Participates in recruitment and hiring process. Provides administrative support to the Director of HR and in other assigned functional area of Human Resources as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Provides administrative support as needed in the Human Resources Department.
- Responds to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provides assistance to employees as needed.
- Prepares offer letters and new hire packets, coordinates new hire paperwork and conducts new hire orientations.
- Updates and maintains company employee job descriptions.
- Coordinates and sets up training classes and meetings.
- Participates in recruitment activities as assigned.
- Conducts background screenings.
- Coordinates new hire and annual performance appraisals processes.
- Provides back-up services to receptionist and other office service functions.
- Provides administrative support to Director of Human Resources.
- Completes a variety of additional assignments and projects including:
- HR Website maintenance and job postings
- New hire online/video training (general and safety)
- Service award coordination
- Employee annual online training courses
- Participates on SAI Safety Committee. Completes safety reports and paperwork as needed. Coordinates safety training.
- Regularly performs assignments of a high priority and/or extremely confidential nature.
- Develop a thorough understanding of HR data metrics, processes and tools.
- Assist in designing, developing and implementing new and enhanced analytical/forecasting/reporting methods.
- Improve and maintain key Headcount and Talent Acquisition reporting through defining metrics and validating data.
- Facilitate annual planning, monthly forecasting and weekly reporting processes.
- Promote and implement the automation of repetitive tasks.
- Produce monthly headcount report and quarterly talent dashboards as well complete ad hoc report requests.
- Update Organization Charts on an on-going basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned including Benefits administration and Payroll backup
- Must have high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Must have ability to accurately collect and analyze information and data.
- Must have ability to handle data with confidentiality.
- Must have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be very detail-oriented and have excellent number aptitude.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or related subject required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum six years administrative experience, preferably in an HR environment, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours if necessary
Send a Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org