Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
Support responsibilities for Sales Department. Responsible for customer service in NAFTA and Int’l sales, sample requests and other inquiries. Responsible for processing commercial orders for assigned territory. Answers customer inquiries regarding seed availability and seed releases. Work on allocations and prorates. Provides coverage for Team Members. Assist in training new hires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Receives, researches and promptly answers customer inquiries regarding product, seed quality, pricing and availability. Proactively keeps customer updated on their bookings, order status and shipment dates. Sends customer a copy of the ship order with all details listed for their confirmation prior to preparing the order for shipment. Prepare sales reports customized for Area Sales Managers and customer needs.
- Review bookings left to ship, spot orders and open orders. Determine seed availability for current and future orders. Assist with creating prorates. View bookings versus inventory. You are required to be watchful not to over treat and to use up remnant lots whenever possible.
- Receives and answers inquiries and requests from customers (including SSC and its subsidiaries) regarding seed availability, seed quality and pricing.
- Select inventory lots that meet country/state and/ import permit requirements.
- Follow through and follow up to make sure orders are processed timely. Assist in prioritizing and resolving schedule conflicts when needed. Notify Manager when order processing schedule conflicts exist and cannot be worked out with other departments.
- Follow up on customer inquiries and research to assure satisfactory completion. Must be able to provide technical product information, seed treatments and seed enhancement options to customers.
- Resolves customer questions related to orders, seed releases, samples, seed availability and takes seed orders as needed.
- Audits letters of credit, update customer profiles and country phytosanitary requirements. Keep current on country/state and international weed restrictions and customer requirements for palletization and shipping. Work closely with Quality/Lab and Documents/Inventory Planner to request grading, reports of analysis and OIC’s per customer requirements. Request outside lab reports when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties, assists with reports and performs other projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager or Facility Operations Manager. Perform back-up duties and support for others in Customer Service. Have a working knowledge of all CSR assigned territories when needed for backup.
- Work with Finance and the Sales staff to solve credit, incorrect pricing and seed return issues. Assist in the research and resolution of Product Inquiries and complaints.
- Work with Product Development (PD) Coordinator and International Assistant Sales Manager in the processing of trial sample orders as needed. CSR may be required to prepare custom tracking reports for the PD Coordinator or Area Sales Managers as requested.
- Cross train within the department to learn internal processes, procedures and customer preferences associated with Sakata/Chriseed products.
- Attend at least one personal improvement seminar each year.
- Has the ability to negotiate prices for non-standard seed lots with the approval of Management.
- Daily reviews of the Open Order Report to determine seed availability for current orders, back orders and future needs.
- Makes decisions and solves problems related to shipping options, wrong products, returned goods, discounts (within guidelines) and product substitutions.
- Reminds customers about ordering higher levels per invoice to achieve better terms.
- Proactively make customer calls to confirm shipment dates, discuss seed availability for spot orders, update contract status and support Area Managers as required. Follow up with customer to confirm arrivals.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal budgets and monthly sales goals.
- Prepares sales reports customized for customer’s needs.
- Must have excellent telephone manner and speaking ability.
- Must have excellent word-processing skills, proficient in Word, Excel and other computer applications.
- Must have ability to operate standard office equipment such as faxes, printers, copy machines, etc.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to function in a high stress environment.
- Customer service or related experience required.
- Must be outgoing and motivated.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Stay informed and current on international pesticide laws and requirements.
- Ensure enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Keep manager informed of issues developing
- Seed experience, sales, and supervisory experience preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
- Must be able to assess the needs of the customer and work with the internal departments to assure the customer’s needs.
Send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org