Sakata is committed to providing a workplace free of any and all kinds of discrimination. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to promote a culturally diverse workforce. Thanks to our global and multicultural business environment, individuals can meet and work with people from all over the world.
This position is responsible to assist in accounting and accounts receivable responsibilities. Assist in the day-to-day account receivable functions of invoicing, billings, cash receipts, collections, and other accounts receivable (A/R) responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Assist in the processing of incoming payments such as ACH, wire transfer and check payments.
- Assist in the deposit and recording of daily customer and miscellaneous payments.
- Assist in the reconciliation of daily cash postings; and update the miscellaneous cash receipt log.
- Assist in the preparation of sales related invoices. Checks for irregularities in pricing, quantity, and freight. Posts invoices in the system. Prepares manual invoices or credit memos, using the correct GL codes.
- Assist in the creation of customer’s statements and maintains customer accounts.
- Assist in researching and resolving cash receipts or billing discrepancies on a timely manner; Provide regular review and follow-up of aging report and collection: Investigate old transactions in the aging report for clearance; Responds to phone or email customer inquiries on a timely manner. E-mails past-due activity and reports to relevant personnel (sales, managers) on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Assist in the closing of A/R monthly. Prepares monthly sales reports in a timely manner. Reconciles A/R to G/L.
- Assists with internal and external inquiries and reporting concerning account status.
- Prepares and generates reports; and participates in ad hoc projects as needed.
- Assists in the performance of internal and external audits by compiling information and reports for examiners. Reviews information collected in reply to auditor’s request for data.
- Working knowledge of bookkeeping practices and accepted office procedures; ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy, to make difficult mathematical computations and ability to operate calculator by touch.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical or legal terminology; ability to prepare financial and other records in a systematic and legible manner; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other company employees.
- Must have excellent word-processing skills. Must be knowledgeable with computer word-processing and spreadsheet software programs (Word and EXCEL).
- Two-year accounting degree or equivalent; College level courses in bookkeeping and/or accounting required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Two years of accounting experience required. Three years Accounts Receivable experience required. Directly related business school or college courses may be substituted equally for up to one year’s experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must read, write and speak English fluently.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal and on a computer keyboard for long periods of time.
Send your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org