The Sustainability Coordinator works collaboratively with Sustainability Committee to develop, coordinate, and promote effective sustainability initiatives to reduce the company’s impact on the environment, helping the organization achieve its sustainability goals. As the sustainability coordinator, the duties revolve around advising management and staff on product and program development on behalf of and in support of the SAI (Sakata Seed America, Inc.) sustainable development goals (SDGs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES*:
- Working across all Sakata SDG’s, identify sustainability initiatives and projects, assess cost of project, and technical feasibility. Establishes sustainability project goals, objectives, and strategies; creates and implements plans for related projects.
- With support from the Sustainability Committee, administer funds awarding process, approve funds on behalf of the committee, disburse funds and provides financial oversight to ensure they are within the project scope
- Promotes and explains the organizations sustainability philosophy to internal and external audiences and lead and coordinate communications and marketing efforts
- Works with all staff to promote an understanding and awareness of sustainability issues by coordinating informational training and presentations and promoting energy and water conservation, waste minimization, recycling, alternative transportation, procurement of green products, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the execution of SDG projects funded and approved through the committee
- Assists SDG teams in defining sustainability goals and tracks performance metrics to assess program effectiveness
- Prepare financial and other reports for the committee/ Management Team for review
- Maintain all funding records, project documents, and other relevant materials to meet audit requirements
- Serves as a liaison between committee/management and staff to assure communication and resource coordination for sustainability programs and projects
- Interact and coordinate with Sustainability committee as well as staff to advance the mission
- Assume additional duties to further the company mission
- Coordinate company’s activities related to sustainability, perform research about sustainability,
- Assist in preparation of the annual sustainability report
- Assist in data collection and analysis for annual sustainability report
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and sustainability requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related field required.
- Four years of related experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- A proven track record of contribution to sustainability goals and objectives
- Ability to multitask and adapt to sudden and frequent changing priorities
- Working within a diverse and multicultural team both domestically and internationally
- 4 years working in sustainability related field
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains related to sustainability project sites.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel Domestic and/or internationally periodically throughout each year.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $26.45 – $31.25 per hour
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com