The Supply Planner for Sakata is responsible for working cross-functionally across multiple teams, managing the supply plan and production plan of assigned products, and executing the inventory planning strategy to support the demand plan. This person works cross-functionally to evaluate the impact of business decisions on the supply chain network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Preparing supply forecast of assigned products, including anticipated demand for product based on historical data and current trends to develop a production plan, while respecting cost and operational constraints
- Works with Finance to review and analyze production cost projections for production plan to ensure margin targets are met.
- Monitor supply KPI on a daily/weekly basis and take corrective actions as needed; communicates exceptions and corrective actions to affected parties in the organization.
- Reviewing inventory levels to ensure optimal supply levels are maintained.
- Work with Sales and Research to ensure planning and production readiness for all new product launches are met.
- Proactively reviews at risk finished good items and timelines for remediation.
- Works cross-functionally with Breeders, Stockseed Manager, and Product Managers to provide input on stockseed and foundation seed demand planning.
- Responsible for the Crop Business Plan for assigned species, which involves a high-level view of production strategy, history, and projections.
- Participates and contributes to group projects across multiple teams according to role/scope.
- Responsible for registering the Production Plan in the ERP system and sending the production plan to the respective production area.
- Works closely with Stockseed Planner and Stockseed Manager to delivery high quality basic seed to the production location in a timely manner.
- Monitors the lot quality through grower payment and marketable seed release, provides root cause analysis for quality issues that are suspected from the production field.
- Build & manage relationships with seed production vendors & area managers to ensure seamless communication and healthy partnerships.
- Effectively participates with professionalism in collaborative meetings among multiple levels of internal stakeholders (peers, colleagues, middle and upper management) for proper production placement.
- Work closely with Product Management and Sales to understand market, sales and supply trends to anticipate, prepare and develop a strategy to build and maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Communicates crop plan with all production areas (domestic and international) for assigned species and negotiates pricing. Updates areas as needed with changes to the production plan.
- Communicates with Stock Seed Planner to ensure timely delivery seed to the production field.
- Works with functional managers and leadership team to identify and prioritize bottlenecks and constraints for continual process improvement.
- Adapts to changes in the organization with resourcefulness and strives to increase productivity and improve standards.
- Identify gaps in processes/strategies, proposes corrective actions, takes calculated risks and executes action plan.
- Must have experience with Material Resource Planning (MRP) systems and basic knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) setup.
- Ability to give presentations and speak effectively before small groups
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Familiarity with basic standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and processes preferably in a seed industry or in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills (i.e. PowerPoint, oral, and written), interpersonal, negotiating, analytical, problem solving/decision making, teamwork and planning/organizing skills.
- BA in business administration, agriculture or related field highly desired or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years planning experience in production, inventory, planning or related area required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a seed production or logistics environment highly desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to travel to production fields and other locations <10%
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $70,000 – $90,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.