JOB SUMMARY: Assists Production Planners with treat, pack, and sales orders. Prepares reports and various other forms of correspondence for production staff. Prepares FS/SS related reports for SSC. Responsible for correspondence for all requests from subsidiaries to ensure timely shipments of inventory housed in the US. Responsible for monitoring quality of new crop and acting accordingly based on quality. Assist with other activities on various projects as requested.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Assist in all stock seed activities to include production orders to size, treat, package, and ship inventory. Prepare documents for shipment with follow up correspondence to locations.
- Responsible for the creation of purchase orders to bring seed into the system.
- Maintain stock seed inventory with regular updates to SSC. Prepare the Stock Seed Usage Report twice a year and send to SSC which includes every movement that took place with each lot and a detailed explanation of what that seed was used for.
- Annual invoicing to SSC for all foundation and stock seed produced in SAH for SSC for that CY.
- Quarterly submission of free text invoice for all SSC lots housed at SAH.
- Review delivery record and stock seed requests and orders on a regular basis to ensure all request are met per the timeline and communicate any issues with requesting subsidiary.
- Assist in start to finish mill orders for all FS and SS lots being produced (minus PNW).
- Ensure seed is shipped to SSC for Growout and all other sample requests per inquiry.
- Monitoring of each lot that is produced (minus PNW) to ensure proper samples were pulled, monitor results as they are read, release standard inventory into the system, and flag substandard inventory and communicate those with the team.
- Possess knowledge of export and import requirements to ensure minimal lag time with shipments
- Responsible for assisting in administrative duties of staff members of the production department. This includes assisting in general office duties such as correspondence, faxing, filing, and data entry.
- Provide recommended discard list to SS Manager of all lots that are substandard on a yearly basis.
- Assistance with special projects as assigned.
- Must have thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation and knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment. Must also have knowledge of methods and techniques used in record-keeping systems.
- Must have excellent word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to accurately prepare a wide variety of correspondence and reports.
- Inventory control experience preferred.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Must have excellent data entry skills, mathematical aptitude and writing ability.
- AA degree or equivalent desired.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum five years office service experience necessary, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required analytical knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Conversational and writing ability in Spanish preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Must be able to monitor & locate inventory in warehouse
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Must be able to handle abnormal environmental conditions (inventory in cold room)
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com