JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in pulling sales orders accurately in preparation for prompt shipment, ensures accuracy of documents and verifies out going shipments according to departmental guidelines. Prepares items for shipment, completes required paperwork. Responsible for assisting in locating seed from receiving and pulling and locating seed for all work centers. Ensures inventory accuracy by monitoring and adjusting as needed,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES*:
- Prepares orders for shipping. Completes appropriate documentation for shipping.
- Assists in the preparation of International shipments.
- Prepares reports and pulls germ samples for cyclic updates.
- Performs inventory moves and completes required data entry.
- Locates seed from receiving into appropriate locations and completes required data entry and paperwork.
- Performs daily cycle counts and reports results to inventory supervisor. Investigates problem areas and resolves discrepancies.
- Pulls and locates seed for work centers and completes required data entry and paperwork.
- Locates stock seed and fills stock seed shipping orders.
- Responsible for keeping seed storage areas and work spaces organized and clean.
- Works in other Operations departments within the plant as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent visual discrimination and manual dexterity.
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have PC and word-processing experience.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in English.
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain and perform minor repairs on forklifts and other warehouse machinery.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience required.
- Minimum one year warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to work in dusty hot or cold conditions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary: $22.00 per hour
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.