JOB SUMMARY: It is expected of this position to efficiently operate equipment utilized by the Logistics Department. Activities include (but are not limited to) any of the processes in operations related to preparing seed for delivery to the customer, which includes receiving, drying, cleaning, sizing, inventory, treating, packaging, and sampling activities. This position will be expected to keep the work area, warehouse and the facility clean. Participation in the maintenance of assigned equipment is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Efficiently run and clean required seed conditioning, seed enhancement and packaging equipment in the Logistics Department.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment in the Logistics
- Meet or exceed established target throughput for Packaging while maintaining our quality requirements.
- Support other Logistics workstations or company departments during slow times as assigned or approved by the supervisor or Lead. Additional responsibilities may be required while working in other departments.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly work station. Proactively assist other areas in the department to maintain cleanliness throughout the warehouse.
- Comply with SAI, State and Federal Safety requirements and promote company programs that can minimize injuries, lost time, product loss and damage.
- Additional tasks may be assigned by the Supervisor or Lead as
- Follow all SAI quality assurance, policies and procedures as follows but not limited to this list:
- Be aware of and personally follow all SAI policies and
- Raise issues with Supervisor or Lead when policies or procedures are not clear or not working.
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of critical tasks not
- Keep Supervisor or Lead informed of issues
- Must have excellent visual, mathematical, and judgmental
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to work under time constraints and
- Must have ability to communicate well verbally and in
- Must have ability to learn the technical aspects of seed treating, cleaning and packaging process.
- Must have ability to acquire Qualified Applicator
- Must have ability to safely operate seed cleaning, treating and drying equipment, forklifts and other warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must have ability to read and understand written instructions in
- High school diploma or equivalent
- High school or college science courses
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two year’s experience in the seed industry
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to lift over 50 pounds on a regular/daily
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on a daily/regular
- Must be able to stand for long periods of
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot and cold
- Must be available to work overtime during busy times of year and work weekend duty as required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary: $17.50 per hour
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.