JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for various routine tasks used in maintaining the daily operation of Sakata Seed America Woodland facility, Operations and Production, including maintenance of site, buildings/facilities, lights, corporate fleet vehicles, forklifts, warehouse machinery, fabrication, heating & refrigeration equipment, construction and installation of new equipment, and production equipment repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Design and fabricate new equipment as requested by the Operations team. Make recommendations for repair or replacement. Prioritize work projects.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the heating and refrigeration units to include new filters, belts, bearings and fuses on a monthly basis.
- Lead and coordinate warehouse and production employees in the maintenance and repair of production machinery.
- Assist in the planning of new equipment.
- Coordinates the maintenance on all forklifts as required.
- Fabricate and install necessary products to fulfill warehouse and production needs.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the site and buildings
- Coordinates the maintenance of well pumps, water tanks, septic tanks
- Coordinates the maintenance emergency back-up generators
- Maintains all lighting and ensures bulbs are replaced as needed.
- Maintains any plumbing problems in restroom facilities/buildings areas.
- Coordinates the maintenance on all local corporate fleet pool vehicles as required
- Oversee all WIC Campus maintenance.
- Keep maintenance and repair records on each vehicle, building, and piece of equipment.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget. Prepare quarterly variance comments explaining major deviations from the budget. Establish and manage relationships with outside vendors. Purchase parts and supplies for shop and equipment. Approve and code vendor invoices within 24 hours of receipt. Manage expenses for the best overall effectiveness and profitability of the company.
- Review and advise on CAPEX projects
- Establish and Maintain quarterly/annually maintenance schedule on all buildings and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be able to manage 3rd party vendors
- Must have excellent visual discrimination and manual dexterity.
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must have excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Having Class B CDL or ability to obtain one within a year
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Heating & refrigeration repair school preferred.
- Compliance with OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Electrical repair.
- Basic computer skills.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift experience.
- Prior building maintenance and repairs experiences
- Prior heating and refrigeration repair experience.
- Prior electrical trouble shooting experience.
- Welding and fabrication experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must be able to work with excessive noise and be able to wear hearing protection.
- Must be able to work in dusty, hot or cold conditions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $65,000 – $80,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.