JOB SUMMARY: Supervises and coordinates the physical movement of inventory in the Morgan Hill warehouse. Responsible for sales order fulfillment, work order picking and locating products form receiving and work in process. Responsible for the oversight and training of inventory personnel to insure that company policies and procedures are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES*:
- Supervises and trains the warehouse inventory staff.
- Communicates with sales personnel and insures sales orders are scheduled, pulled and shipped according to customer requirements.
- Coordinates work order requirements with the Material Planners, and warehouse personnel.
- Responsible for the computer data entry transactions to support sales orders, work orders, cycle counts and inventory movements.
- Performs daily inventory cycle counting, analyzes results, researches inventory transactions and collects data on inventory process problems.
- Responsible for the monthly cyclic picking process and oversight of the sampling preparation.
- Locates products from receiving and work in progress areas.
- Works with other company personnel to maintain efficient work flow and accurate inventory.
- Identifies critical processes and reports to management.
- Responsible for monitoring destroy orders and completion on a monthly basis
- Generates monthly activity reports.
- Does special projects and performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Employee will participate in mandatory training regarding the GSPP handling protocols and procedures and apply all during the handling of any GSPP seeds. Employee agrees to active participation in the GSPP Program by performing the following activities related to the GSPP seed:
- Inventory Maintenance
- Transport of GSPP seed
- Must have good organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have word-processing and spreadsheet skills and ability to prepare a variety of reports.
- Must have ability and discipline to interface professionally and effectively with management and fellow employees under sometimes stressful situations.
- Must demonstrate the ability and willingness to work with others in a harmonious and productive fashion.
- Must have ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines and must have ability to adjust to seasonal surges in workload.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have ability to safely operate forklifts and other warehouse machinery.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Prior forklift operation experience.
- Minimum two years warehouse or related work experience preferred.
- Seed industry or agricultural background desirable.
WORKING CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work around chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment when required.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be able to work at times under stressful conditions.
- Must be able to work in dusty hot or cold conditions.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $26.85 – $30.70 per hour
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com