JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for production of assigned crops and pesticide applications. Responsible to complete assigned tasks in timely manner and to monitor the quality of the product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Monitor quality of product produced.
- Monitor and report any insect or diseases observed.
- Follow procedures for entry into all production areas.
- Observe all pesticide safety regulations.
- Report any and all accidents no matter how small.
- Fill pots with soil, propagate cuttings, cleaning of containers and other work related responsibilities.
- Requires basic knowledge of greenhouse operations.
- Must have knowledge of safety procedures in the work area.
- Must understand basics of plant propagation procedures.
- Must be able to perform repetitive functions for long periods.
- Must have basic knowledge of technical and safety requirements for fertilization,
- pesticide application, pest control, irrigation, and disease control.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Preferred: must know how to do pesticide applications and must have Private Applicator License. The person must pass the medical exam and the respirator fit test required for spraying.
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and English
- High school diploma or G.E.D. highly preferred
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- A minimum 1- year greenhouse production experience or related experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS\PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work under different conditions such as extremes of temperature,
- dampness, rain, dust and sun exposure.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours when needed
- Must be able to wear personal protective gear when required, for example when spraying.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to spray the greenhouse when necessary.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com