JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for various tasks used in the daily farm operation and maintenance of the research station. Operates a variety of farm equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Responsible for planting, farming, and harvesting on-farm research and demonstration plots.
- Responsible for assigned maintenance of the research farm, it’s buildings, and the station’s landscaped areas.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of farm equipment and tools, such as tractors, greenhouse sprayers, forklifts, etc.
- Work closely with Breeders
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have ability to safely operate, maintain, and perform minor repairs on farm equipment. Equipment includes tractors, edgers, weed-eaters, blowers, rototillers, saws, drills, spray rig, etc.
- Ability to communicate well in written and spoken English.
- Ability to do accurate detailed work under time constraints and deadlines.
- Must be available for some extra hours or weekend duty as needed.
- Bi-lingual English/Japanese and/or English/Spanish desirable but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- Minimum two years agriculture experience required.
- Farm background highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have valid California driver’s license.
- Current California pesticide applicator’s license required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have ability to perform work in varying weather conditions.
- Must have ability to lift over 50 pounds on a regular/daily basis.
- Must be able to work with chemicals and other irritating substances.
- Must be able to wear personal protective gear when required.
- Must be able to work in dusty conditions.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com