JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing all field production activities in North America. Includes stock seed, commercial, plant beds, green house productions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Works with Zone/ Area mangers to ensure highest quality standards and protocols are followed.
- Reviews and approves all area crop reporting and ensures accuracy and timely reporting.
- Furnishes, revises and updates accurate and efficient internal and external reports as required by the management.
- Quality management – Measure, analyze, improve
- Reviews and approves adequate plans for the control of all domestic areas of production including budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, production effectiveness and human utilization.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards. Provides reports on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Defines and recommends objectives in each area of domestic production. Develops specif8ic short term and long-term plans and program, together with supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Aids in cost control reports, cost estimates, human resources and facilities requirement forecasts.
- Works with Production manager and Supply Chain team in setting of budgets for the domestic production department.
- Develops plans for new areas of technology for the production function, along with sufficient planning for areas that support the mission of the corporation.
- Ensures optimum performance of the South West / Central zone production function. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs and maintain up-to-date production practices.
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company objectives and policies.
- Assures a positive employee relations position is maintained. Ensures the company’s principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced.
- Directs, monitors and appraises the performance of units immediately reporting to the Domestic Production Manager and provides the necessary coordination between activities.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, recommends effective personnel action.
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress.
- Consults with all segments of management and staff responsible for policy or action as necessary.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defines and understood.
- B.S. degree in business, agriculture or related discipline required or commensurate job experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive.
- Demonstrated participative management style, advocates team concept.
- Well developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Strong character traits required including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
- Ability to train, supervise and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- A minimum of 15 years experience, ideally gained through increasingly responsible management positions within a seed production environment.
- A minimum of 8 years upper management experience with the responsibilities of a seed production department.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to travel for long periods of time throughout the year. Must be able and willing to travel to foreign countries.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com