JOB SUMMARY: Demand Planner is responsible for maintaining the balance of supply and demand to maximize SAI sales while optimizing cost. This role manages the overall demand forecasting and supply planning of assigned portfolio including intercompany procurement of all finished goods. Demand Planner continuously review forecast and inventory stock targets in response to demand changes. This role is the main contact between Sales and Operations ensuring that accurate supply and demand information is translated to the team at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Generates 36-months statistical sales forecast. Performs analysis on market trends, seasonality, competition, promotion and other commercial matrix input to validate the forecast model.
- Manages the demand review process in a collaborative and consensus approach where demand planning, sales, and finance arrive to an agreed unconstrained sales forecast
- Execute Collaborative Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) process with Sakata internal vendors
- Develop constrained sales plan as an output of demand review and CPFR
- Supports the annual Sales Budget and quarterly Latest Estimate review by providing 12-month realistic agreed forecast considering supply constraints, new product introduction and price input from Sales.
- Develop long term 3-year purchase plan and production plan
- Manages supply planning and procurement of finished goods which includes creation of purchases orders, submitting POs to the vendors and keeping PO quantity and delivery dates up to date.
- Monitors inventory level concurrently with actual demand to ensure inventory availability using MRP tools.
- Establish seed enhancement and prepack plan that supports short term plan, inventory guidelines and optimizing operating efficiencies and QUOTIF. Work closely with Inventory Planner in the execution of the work order seed enhancement plan.
- Supports the S&OP (NOMT) process by providing valuable KPI reports and supply status information.
- Act as the main contact with Sales, Customer Service , Product Management, Production Planning and Sakata intercompany vendors in establishing an overall supply plan that defines projected available inventory , resource constraints and new product introductions ( NPI)
- Supports New Product Introduction process by making sure that seeds is available to support product launch and upside demand.
- Ensures that forecast is aligned with the product life cycle ( PLC) so that inventory level are placed at the right timing where phased out products inventory is reduced and exit strategy is executed smoothly.
- Contributes to the quarterly Inventory Reserve review process by ensuring that any inventory decisions are aligned with SAI’s projected supply and demand plan.
- Conducts bi-weekly meeting with SSC ( Sakata Japan) planning team , monthly meeting with SOE ( Sakata Europe) as part of CPFR process
- Conducts weekly supply and demand status meeting with customer service team to discuss any supply shortages, make decisions on supply allocation and other topics affecting sales order fulfillment.
- Generates quarterly slow moving and obsolete inventory report.
- Stage the PO receiving process by allocating lot and creating lot info records in the system.
- Ensures that Master Data and BOMs are updated at all times for the assigned portfolio
- Strive for continuous process improvement in the areas of supply and demand planning, forecasting and inventory management
- Extensive experience in MPS , MRP and CPFR in a production and purchasing environment
- Inventory management, transaction accuracy
- Ability to analyze situation and react in a timely manner necessary
- Deep understanding of the requirements of production, logistics, marketing, sales and finance
- Knowledgeable in different forecasting algorithms and ability to interpret statistical data
- Extensive hands-on experience on Excel based planning and forecasting system is required. Access database experience is a plus.
- Ability to handle stress especially when encountering necessary projects, deadlines and/or high workload.
- Must be able to work under strict time constraints and requirements.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Dynamics AX or any ERP system is a plus.
- BA/BS in Materials Management, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent years of experience
- Professional certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society(APICS) is a plus
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
- 5 years’ experience in demand planning, forecasting, production and inventory planning
- 2 years’ experience in Sales & Operations Planning ( S&OP)
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standard office. Computer terminal use 6 hours a day.
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com