JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the management and oversight of the accounting department including the month-end closing process, financial reporting, and cash management. Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and preparation of financial statements and related reports. Responsible for the development, maintenance, and testing of the company-wide internal controls following the established corporate guidelines and SOX/J-SOX requirements. We are looking for a team player who will manage the day-to- day activities and identify opportunities to streamline processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*:
- Management and oversight of the general ledger accounting activities and expense accounts including accruals. Active role in account analysis and reconciliations of various balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Responsible for managing monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings efficiently and accurately. Strive to achieve a monthly consolidation closing of seven business days.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Establish and monitor proper internal controls for all accounting cycles to assure that the company’s overall corporate governance complies with SOX/J-SOX requirements.
- Ensure complete and accurate income tax compliance while getting support from a third-party provider. Implementing appropriate tax strategies to achieve tax efficiency.
- Review consolidated financial fluxes and monthly financial reporting package.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver relevant and timely recording and reporting of financial statements and roll forward.
- Prepare and review financial and tax related schedules to support audits; work with auditors to provide data and information for quarterly reviews and year-end audit.
- Responsible for the overall financial oversight of the international subsidiaries and provide guidance to subsidiaries’ accounting personnel, as needed.
- Manage preparation of budgets and financial cash flow forecasts.
- Establish adequate financial oversight of Inventory, A/R, and other major assets as support for the implementation of sound cash flow management.
- Establish objectives while providing on going feedback.
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal and external partners to proactively identify, research and resolve issues.
- Participate in the performance reviews and development plans for the accounting staff.
- Participates in special projects, analysis and ad-hoc tasks as assigned.
- Participate in cross functional team assignments, as needed.
- Must have excellent analytical and reasoning ability.
- Must have excellent collaboration, communication and team building skills
- Must have a positive, upbeat, and accommodating style of communication and management
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- CPA preferred
- Experience with larger ERP systems and financial reporting
- Minimum four years public accounting experience in a multi-national accounting firm desired.
- Minimum five years general accounting leadership in a public company experience desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary range: $107,000-$125,000 per year
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage for employees and their families
- Basic Life & AD&D Insurance
- 401k program with company match
- Profit Sharing program (via 401k)
- Holiday & Performance Incentive Bonus program
- Paid Vacation: 10 days per year to start, increases with tenure
- Sick Leave: 1 hour accrued per 30 hours worked for first 30 days, 6.67 hours per month after.
- 14 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays & birthday off
- Paid Family Leave: 15 days after 12 months of service for FMLA qualifying events
- Company provided EAP
- Company provided subsidy for health/fitness clubs & apps
*To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty (as described above) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com
Work at Sakata
To apply, send resume to HR@sakata.com.
Please reference job title in subject.